Day 3


 Day 3:


Hours: 9-2, 4-5

Total hours: 18


I spent most of the day today hearing a lot about the program. I drove myself into Boston for the first time, which was a challenge in itself. I got to sit in on another class for the first part of my day. I should explain how the lessons work and what they consist of, so I will do so today. Anyone can join the upstairs adult classes who have not finished high school. The class I sat through today was math. It was simple algebra, which was factoring and expanding. I got to stay there and be a tutor for people if they needed it, which was a completely different experience. Spending my whole life having been taught by adults, and now being the one teaching them was a crazy new experience. Then, I worked with the toddlers again, followed by shadowing another class, this one just of mothers. I was fascinated by the class of mothers. This class was amazing because it was a safe space for these women that have all been through a lot of tough times. When I was done I talked to Joni, the teacher of that particular class, and she said to me that it was important for her to know that there is a safe space these women can go to to learn and grow as people and really challenge themselves. I left early this day because I was feeling sick, and spent an hour later in the day researching how important it is for women who have suffered trauma to have safe spaces they can go to. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Summary

Day 2

Day 9