Day 6

 Hours: 9-3

Total: 36

Today was day 6. Start of my second week! I started off the day by helping with a spreadsheet. There is a state senator in Massachusetts who has made a proposal to give them a good amount of money within the state budget. In order to get it approved, they have to get the attention of other state senators, that control the district that other students at Julie's live in.  What I had to do was look up all the zip codes of the students, see what state senator corresponds with that zip code, and find their contact information. What I also had to do was find the specific neighborhoods within Boston where they live, so my mentor could write the emails to all the state senators and make them as specific as possible. After I did that, I sat in on two adult classes, one a math class and the other a computer class. The math class was just women and the computer class was men and women. I also played with the toddlers again and helped them through meals until it was nap time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Summary

Day 2

Day 9