Day 5



 Day 5:

Hours: 9-3

Total Hours: 30


Today I spent most of the day painting the walls. Julie’s had a bunch of volunteers from Liberty Mutual comes in to paint the walls of the entire building. There were about 15 volunteers, and I helped them for most of the day. There is never enough time for anyone that works there to paint the walls, and it is never a top priority. Because of this, nothing had been retouched since 2004. It was time for an improvement. It took 6 hours to paint all the walls, even with 15 volunteers, but it was worth it because the walls now look good as new. When I was not painting the walls, I was helping mail out the newsletters. I had to stamp all the envelopes, and inside them put the letters, which give updates about the programs and ask for donations. I packed those letters, sealed them and then they got sent in the mail. Overall today, I did the necessary behind-the-scenes work that keeps the program running.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Summary

Day 2

Day 9